Sunday, January 31, 2010

Heavy Heart

I have spent quite a few hours stitching on my snowman and I love the colors in him. I hope that all who read my blog are safe and well tonight.

Last night was a horrific night. At 9PM my neighbors house burnt down. Thankfully the family got out of the house. As you can see in the picture the house beside it also suffered damage.I live across the street from this house. The house was new only 3 years old and the young family were so happy, it was their first home. The parents smoked outside and when the weather was bad they smoked in their garage putting their ashes and butts in a can which tragically is what caused the fire.

4 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Snowman is looking great!

Such a shame that the house had to burn down.

Cathy said...

Love the colors of your snowman.

Nancy M said...

Nice progress on the snowman, how awful about your neighbors. I sure hope they had insurance!

Justflo said...

I love your Snowman. Congrats on progress.

So sorry for your neighbours.

Thanks for popping into my blog